Hemopexin, Human Plasma
Hemopexin is a single-chain protein belonging to the family of blood transport proteins. It binds to heme released into the bloodstream during the degradation process. Recent studies have demonstrated that hemopexin acts as an extracellular antioxidant against hemoglobin-mediated damage in inflammation. Hemopexin protects against heme toxicity and conserves and recycles iron. Abnormal levels of hemopexin are associated with hemolytic anemia, chronic neuromuscular disease, and acute intermittent porphyria. Prepared from plasma shown to be non reactive for HbsAG, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 & 2 by FDA approved tests. >95percent pure by SDS-PAGE. Add deionized water to original volume, aliquot and freeze unused portion.
Gene ID: 3263
Swiss-Prot/UniProt ID: P02790
View sample datasheet
View sample certificate of analysis
View material safety data sheet
Ask a question about this product
1. Zapotoczna M, Heilbronner S, Speziale P et-al. Iron-regulated surface determinant (Isd) proteins of Staphylococcus lugdunensis. J. Bacteriol. 2012;194 (23): 6453-67. doi:10.1128/JB.01195-12 – Free text at pubmed – Pubmed citation
2. Almeida, C. B. et al. ‘Acute Hemolytic Vascular Inflammatory Processes Are Prevented By Nitric Oxide Replacement Or A Single Dose Of Hydroxyurea’. Blood (2015): n. pag. Web. 5 June 2015. Link to article
3. Almeida CB, Souza LE, Leonardo FC, et al. Acute hemolytic vascular inflammatory processes are prevented by nitric oxide replacement or a single dose of hydroxyurea. Blood. 2015;126(6):711-20. Link to article.
3. Pryzdial EL, Meixner SC, Talbot K, et al. Thrombolysis by chemically modified coagulation factor Xa. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14(9):1844-54. Link to article
4. Stangaferro ML, Wijma RW, Masello M, Thomas MJ, Giordano JO. Extending the duration of the voluntary waiting period from 60 to 88 days in cows that received timed artificial insemination after the Double-Ovsynch protocol affected the reproductive performance, herd exit dynamics, and lactation performance of dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2017; Link to article