May be used repeatedly. Protocol for purifying high affinity heparin with immobilized antithrombin:
1. Equilibrate immobilized antithrombin in TBS (0.1M Tris-HCl, 0.15M NaCl, pH 7.4) or PBS (0.05M Sodium Phosphate, 0.15M NaCl, pH 7.4).
2. Apply heparin in TBS or PBS. Binding capacity is ~0.1 mg high affinity heparin / ml resin and must be determined by the end user.
3. Wash and elute heparin with 3M NaCl in TBS or PBS.
4. Re-equilabrate resin in TBS or PBS.
5. Add 0.02percent Sodium Azide for storage.