An acute-phase plasma protein found in human plasma at 100-300 mg per 100 ml. Binds hemoglobin, thus preventing loss of iron through the kidneys. Humans are polymorphic for haptoglobin, with three major phenotypes. Hp 1-1 is the most common, and the most effective in binding free hemoglobin. Hp 2-2 is the least effective. This functional difference may be associated with the frequency and severity of epilepsy attacks, as researchers have found a correlation between recurring seizures and the Hp 2-2 phenotype. Prepared from plasma shown to be non reactive for HbsAG, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 & 2 by FDA approved tests. >95percent pure by SDS-PAGE. Add deionized water to original volume, aliquot and freeze unused portion. Molecular Weights by phenotype – Hp 1-1: 86,000; Hp 2-1: 200,000; Hp 2-2: 400,000.
Gene ID: 3240
Swiss-Prot/UniProt ID: P00738
View sample datasheet
View sample certificate of analysis
View material safety data sheet
Ask a question about this product
1. Zapotoczna M, Heilbronner S, Speziale P et-al. Iron-regulated surface determinant (Isd) proteins of Staphylococcus lugdunensis. J. Bacteriol. 2012;194 (23): 6453-67. doi:10.1128/JB.01195-12 – Free text at pubmed – Pubmed citation
2. Almeida, C. B. et al. ‘Acute Hemolytic Vascular Inflammatory Processes Are Prevented By Nitric Oxide Replacement Or A Single Dose Of Hydroxyurea’. Blood (2015): n. pag. Web. 5 June 2015. Link to article
3. Almeida CB, Souza LE, Leonardo FC, et al. Acute hemolytic vascular inflammatory processes are prevented by nitric oxide replacement or a single dose of hydroxyurea. Blood. 2015;126(6):711-20. Link to article.
3. Pryzdial EL, Meixner SC, Talbot K, et al. Thrombolysis by chemically modified coagulation factor Xa. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14(9):1844-54. Link to article
4. Stangaferro ML, Wijma RW, Masello M, Thomas MJ, Giordano JO. Extending the duration of the voluntary waiting period from 60 to 88 days in cows that received timed artificial insemination after the Double-Ovsynch protocol affected the reproductive performance, herd exit dynamics, and lactation performance of dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2017; Link to article